Torque Cars

FTO and the DVLA

Discussion in 'FTO forums' started by moneypit, 22 January 2010.

1. moneypit

moneypit Wrench Pro

Southampton UK
    Car:
    Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
    Last year I Chased the DVLA because my '94 GPX model was listed as a Ralliart FTO on the reg doc
    Apart from Ralliart not being imported until 1997 and the car is a totally different beast from my GPX but the MOT emissions are totally different as well, for a '94 model i.e. 3.4 for the gpx .07 for the ralliart

Anyway, after about 6 months DVLA has agreed and my new reg doc just states FTO no model details a bit of a compromise but this should stop the emission row every year with the garage!

this might apply to other import makes as well when this years MOT is due I will see what the computer says (no hopefully!)

2. pr1982

pr1982 New member

United Kingdom, Norton
    Car:
    Mitsubishi FTO GP
    I just bought one myself and the emmisions barley passed(probably because they input my engine as the vr4)

3. moneypit

moneypit Wrench Pro

Southampton UK
    Car:
    Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
    I can improve on that one this year the local garage had it as a Evo 8 I wish lol

4. moneypit

moneypit Wrench Pro

Southampton UK
    Car:
    Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
    If you are having trouble with emissions and it looks like the lambda ebay sell them for around £25 just check how many wires you got usually 4 tell them when ordering last one lasted 3 yrs which is way better than 360 quid or there abouts i'd put a new one on each year for that price!!!:bigsmile: takes about 15 mins to do

plus always worth doing oil and filters and a good thrash down the mway a few days before, wife uses it for work 10 mile round trip clogs the old gal up (fto not wifey :confused:)

5. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9