Ford Probe brake upgrade

MickieH

Torque Junkie
Car
Probe 2.5L 24v V6
The factory brakes are ok on the Probe and I know I can do a direct swap for the bigger front Mazda 6 discs and calipers as they'll bolt straight on, but I was thinking more along the lines of more pots.

Not really interested in drilled/grooved discs, or better pads as they don't seem to make tha much difference, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd also like to retain the overall brake balance front to rear, but with the Mazda 6 conversion, there's no equivalent bolt on for the rear due to different design, hence the brake balance would be moved forward..

I've been thinking Brembo big brake kits, but I'd like someone else's opinions who may have already done something similar on their cars.

I've also heard some kits don't cater for the handbrake which I find a bit odd.

The main reason I'm considering this is that I'm looking at a turbo conversion, but before I go ahead and start that, I want the stopping power there to match. No good going quickly if you end up in a wall. :(

Any thoughts welcome :D

Last edited:
I'm just starting a ford probe project and thinking of adding a supercharger- what did you do with your brakes in the end

How far have you got with your plans for the supercharger Rolly, Please post up a project thread, I'd love to hear about your experiences in doing this and may I extend a warm welcome to you to our forums.