Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCI Mk6 'the need for more speed!'

markn

Car
FiestaZetecs1.6TDCI
Hi,

I purchased my Mk6 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCI in April this year and have just recently has it remapped; adding 25bhp, 45lb/ft torque and increasing fuel economy by up to 12%, however I am still wanting more 'speed' without spending any more than around £100-£150.

What other options are available to me to increase the power further without spending more than say £150?

Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good Luck & Enjoy! :)

There's nothing you can do for £150 which will add any material performance gain. The ECU remap is the single biggest player with common rail diesel engines and you've already done this.

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

I'm in agreement with HDi here.
You've done the best thing you can do. Other than a re-map things will get costly fast.

agreed with the above next youd be looking at bigger / hybrid turbo both witch are going to cost more than £150.

lighten the car would be a start. ditch the likes of the spare wheel and tools if youve got recovery.
do you need the rear seats ? ditch them as well. cost free

I have one of these, and they're never going to be a quick car no matter what you do. I know of a couple with hybrids, and they're still slow lol.

If you must do something I would upgrade the brakes first (do you not think they're rubbish!?) and concentrate on suspension as they are a pretty good handling car.

Thanks for everyones replies.

I have removed the spare tyre already hoping to lighten it a little lol. I am thinking about maybe k&n induction kit for better air flow to engine, straight through exhaust, performance exhaust, de-cat. assuming these will all increase power somewhat if little?

Not really no as the standard items work fine.
For all that to make any decent you'd have to upgrade the turbo.
But as already mentioned even uprating the turbo won't give you much more.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back