Focus mk2 1.4 Tuning in Singapore

murphyp

Car
Focus mk2 1.4
Hi Waynne,

My ride is Focus mk2 1.4 , as i saty in Singapore and is quite difficult to get performance parts for focus !!!!

Can know what type and brand of fast cams is recommended? How to make our engine for free high revvy and stay strong?

Only mod now is K&N apollo air filter ! Thanks:lol::lol::lol:

Hi And welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. I can recommend both Piper and Kent cams. You might be able to get your cams ground locally to a fast road profile which is probably cheaper than shipping parts in.

To get a free high revving engine you really need to strip it and get it balanced and blueprinted. Cryogenic treatments is one of the best and easiest ways to increase strength but many engine builders use forged pistons and stronger internal components.

Are you building it up for the race track or just to have more fun on the roads?

You won't want to go too mad with it then. Stick with some fast road cams and a sports exhaust. Its worth saying that you wont actually see very much of a power gain on a 1.4 engine. An engine swap is worth thinking about, drop in a 1.6 or 2.0 and you have a much better base to work from.