Jamafat

Car
seicento 1.1
i have a lil fiat seciento 1.1
and i was wondering
what would be the "easiest" engine swap for it
cos it is just like driving a go cart

Re: like drivin a go-cart

The easiest swap is the 1.2 60 engine. This will take power from 54bhp @5500 rpm to 60bhp@5000rpm and torque from 63ftlb@3250 to 75ftlb@2500 rpm.

It's the only "easy" swap tbh. Engine can be picked up for peanuts. Pretty much straight swap but use Cento gearbox, crank sensor, and oil pressure switch. You need to either cut or make a spacer to extend the front pipe slightly for the exhaust to fit but that's pretty much it.

The chassis, wheels and gearbox would not be able to take much more power so you are looking at a major rebuild to get anything noticable.

Just buy a knackered punto mk1 75 1.2 model multi point injection should keep up with most cars.my bro had a cinq sporting very quick for a little car we dont think it was standard he wiped the smile off a fiesta zetec s drivers face the zetec was flooring it but he ended up in his rear view mirror as a dot also had 130mph down motorway a mate was behind doing about 125 in a impreza.

Think im gonna go for 1.2 60 bhp option
seeing as its pretty straight forward
thanks allot

Last edited:
Theres a couple of very good options open to you that both are actually friends of mine. One has Uno Turbo conversion and the other has a Vauxhall C20XE Red Top conversion, both of which are actually up forsale. But the Uno engine would the easiest. cheapest and most likely handle the power a bit better.

Heres one thats been done although I wouldn't do this to the front bumper.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1381060.htm

Last edited:
I bet that thing flys
love to have something like that except the front looking like a cheese grater how much does he want for the uno?and what litre is it?

Seen a couple before. They are very very quick. 160bhp seems on the conservative side to considering the spec he starts to list, or at least tries to portray.

ive only ever seen one done up seicento at a cruise in coventry
and its was lettin the team down slightly =\ i cant stand rust look paint

Check out the covers of a couple of this months cruisers mags, they are titled "RAT is dead". It's a about time cuz the amount of nice cars i've seen with this stupid rusty bonet thing going on. But where abouts are you Jamafat as I only live about 12 miles outside of Coventry ;)