Ferrari F355 Aftermarket ECU

candywoman

Car
Opel kadett c coupe
Hi everybody.

I am doing a little project regarding a Ferrari F355 engine, and was hoping that some of you in here would be able to answer a few of my questions.

I am going to equip it with a aftermarket Ecu, and i was wondering about some of the wiring.

Question 1: The crankshaft position sensors should be VR sensors, but they have 3 wires on them (like a hall sensor). Does anyone know how to connect them to the Ecu? I have been told that the pins are probably Ground, V-Lo, and V-Hi, but does that mean that i should wire V-Lo and Ground together, or.?

Question 2: The engine has 2 crank position sensors from stock (one for each cylinder bank i've been told). My Ecu has the option of using 2 crank position sensors, but wouldnt this just complicate things, or is there an advantages to using both, that i have forgotten to take into account?

Question 3: My engine have been equipped with open throttle-bodies, that are connected to each other. Is there a reason to use a Tps sensor (throttle position sensor) for each bank, or should i dismount one of them.? In my oppinion, all the throttle-bodies will always be opened equally (Thus sensing the same signal), but am i missing something?

Question 4: Why are there 3 different water temp sensors located right besides each other.? Is it just because the manufactorer likes having one for the Ecu, one for the fan, and one for the choke, or is it some kind of safety issue, where everything will keep working normally even if one gets faulty?

I think that was about it for now. I really hope one of you are able to answer my (Perhaps stupid?) questions.

Thanks in advance. Dennis.

BTW: I hope i posted this in the right sub-forum. Otherwise i am very sorry, and hope that an admin can move it to the right place.

Bloody hell, you don't make things easy for us do you?

I'm not sure why you would need a CPS (crank position sensor) for each bank as there is only one crank shaft. Unless you ment Camshaft postion. Does the 355 engine has a variable valve timing system?

Yould need 2 TPS for each bank of throttles, one for each side so the fueling is correct.

As for an after market ecu to use, I would suggest a DTA S80

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/S_80_PRO.htm

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did mean crankshaft position sensor. The reason i am asking is that the engine has two cps sensors from stock. I actually already pulled one of them off, but then began doubting whether there was an advantage in having two since the factory had done it this way. There is not variable valve timing, so fortunately that is not something i have to worry about. As for the aftermarket Ecu, i have been dictated by the owner of the engine, that it has to be an "evo 4" from OBR racing, so there is unfortunately not much i can do about this. But as far as i can tell, this is a pretty okay Ecu, but it doesnt look like a lot of people are using it though.