Faster = Safer

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
Drive for fun! or you will crash!:blink1:

& lets get the boring cars & their boring drivers off our roads & just keep the petrol heads.;););)

Last edited:
That's a controversial statement, I will beg to differ. We do see sporty cars in accidents as the owners are normally driving beyond theirs and the cars limits. Seldom do we see young, rich drivers take fast driving courses before stepping into a crash waiting to happen. Accidents are attributed to several reasons and I wouldn't say focus on particular elements. It won't take much to drive a car fast, but if something were to fail or if someone pulled out on you the impact would be severe. The energy has to go somewhere, so in my book faster isn't safer. Today's cars are alot safer in their construction, amount of SRS systems fitted and braking systems, however all of that is redundant if the driver is not of sound mind and can't think ahead and anticipate a likely scenario. I would like to see the driving test cover skid pan courses and advance driving when buying a performance car. Saying that it doesn't take a performance car to have a serious accident, it's a weapon in its own right regardless of power, 1200kg for an average saloon car is alot to go wrong in the wrong hands.

I would like to see the driving test cover skid pan courses and advance driving when buying a performance car.

Right on!

But not just for buying a performance car, the driving test period. I can already think of a driving instructor who would likely fail.

Well 'they' say the test is supposed to be harder, but judging by what I see on a daily basis I beg to differ. Too many inadequate drivers on the road today causing most of us a hike in insurance premiums. Before we know it it'll be like China, way too many cars and not enough road!

The main reason for not seeing many sporty cars in crashes is that there are FAR more mundane cars around so you are bound to see more of them bent.

and also the run of themill car is cheaper to run than a so called sporty version. We are still in reccesion after all. Recently seen a brand new pug balancing on a central crash barrier.

The main reason for not seeing many sporty cars in crashes is that there are FAR more mundane cars around so you are bound to see more of them bent.

Correct and accurate and factual. Thankyou.

90% plus of RTC investigations conclude that driver error was the single biggest contributory factor.

I'm not about to slam young drivers, many are superb. And so are many older drivers. There's still a not paying attention faction which is dangerous.

The dangers arise when confidence grows faster than ability.

In support and in fairness handling a car on the limit is not part of general road driving in the 21st century. Modern cars are incredibly grippy and agile. The limits are high. Very high.

Attitude is, in my opinion, the single biggest cause of driver error.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back