Exhaust for 1.9 XLDT 306

2donskoy2

Wrench Pro
Car
ford festa mk5 1.7
hi people after some more help, i was just woundering if i can fit any exhaust to a diesel or does it have to be a specific diesel exhaust i have to buy to fit??

If it fits then it fits. Exhausts are just pipes.

What I also think is that you'll gain absolutely no power whatsoever unless you make other changes to the engine or engine management.

Diesels tend to have massive exhausts anyway so I agree with HDI on this one.

It's probably because of all the crud they spew out! ;) (That should get someone going eh Hdi!!!:D)

I suppose you need a big pipe so that it takes a long time for it to finally block up with soot and crud.

I don't have any problems 'cos mine's got one of the fancy particle filter systems. This is effectively a mobile, horizontal chimney fire when its in regeneration phase.

Personally I'd rather have the soot - great way to shift tailgaters, smoke 'em out.

Last edited:
:lol: I knew it did that for a reason. I bet you have an oil slick option as well on the 007 models!;)

For the most part the oil stays inside the engine. Unless, of course I managed to spill the stuff everywhere. Then it looks like a proper diesel with clouds of smoke pouring from underneath :) :)