Evo 8 fq330 remap

Evoant73

Car
Mitsubishi evo 8
Hi all I am after some advice I have recently had my Evo remapped, to run 1.6 bar. I've had a new fuel pump 3 port valve and a decat. When the car is running after 5000 revs the car dumps the boost. I've seals on the throttle body the system being pressured to 2 bar and holding well so there is no leaks. I just wondering if anybody had any advice what it could be thanks Ant

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Hi I've mentioned this but he seems to think its not the waste gate, he thinks it's something to do with the ecu for some reason he had me car for a couple of weeks now .

If the same chap who remapped your car takes two weeks and still cannot say for certain that the issue is ECU related then IMO it's time to take it elsewhere.
You need to ask these questions:
1) Did he write the map and does he actually have experience in doing this.
2) Has he actually double checked all of the parameters that he has changed or altered on the map.
3) Has he used the correct information about the turbo with regards to writing the map.

I am no expert (Far from it) and can only go on things that I have experienced on my own turbocharged car. I recently had a massive upgrade in turbo size and had an issue with power delivery that took all of 2 days to discover and rectify.

There are some truly great guys on here who are extremely knowledgeable on turbo engines; Claymore, sleeper, old-git, Jarrus to name but a few, hopefully they or others will be able to shed some light on this problem for you.

Last edited:
IF it as you say "dumps the boost " do you mean that it won't hold boost at the set level OR does it drop boost back to zero ????
1 faulty gate
2 bad computer map due to how it is programmed to behave at certain boost levels.
3 Faulty aftermarket boost controller.

A bit hard to diagnose without seeing the car or knowing exactly what has been done re tune and mods.