Ever been stopped by the police

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever been stopped by the police?

What happened? What were you doing?

It seems there are fewer and fewer police on our roads, so perhaps it's less likely we'll meet a policeman.

Not for about 14 years! Road tax check, car was legal, system was slow updating its records. Speeding but got let off, poorly calibrated speedo in custom dash and driving a friends car as didn’t realise my speed as was listening to the engine speed and not the speedo, 4 speed box vs a 5 speed (mid 80s). Other time our local motorcycle policeman wanted a chat as he liked my car and had seen it a few times.

Many times..... But never for my street racing! :rofl::rofl:

The last time was years ago. My bro in law was showing off a gadget that broadcast music on a radio frequency, very low range and before Bluetooth was prevalent, so a car head unit could pick it up.
We got pulled and they questioned is about pirate broadcasting! We think they must have picked up something as we passed them going on the other direction.

Not for about 14 years! Road tax check, car was legal, system was slow updating its records. Speeding but got let off, poorly calibrated speedo in custom dash and driving a friends car as didn’t realise my speed as was listening to the engine speed and not the speedo, 4 speed box vs a 5 speed (mid 80s). Other time our local motorcycle policeman wanted a chat as he liked my car and had seen it a few times.
A lot of traffic cops I've met are real petrol heads and more than happy to chat car with like minded people.

Many times..... But never for my street racing! :rofl::rofl:

The last time was years ago. My bro in law was showing off a gadget that broadcast music on a radio frequency, very low range and before Bluetooth was prevalent, so a car head unit could pick it up.
We got pulled and they questioned is about pirate broadcasting! We think they must have picked up something as we passed them going on the other direction.
I didn't even know they could pick up something like this.

Speed trap over 15 years ago. Passing a lorry on a 60 road and was clocked at 80mph as I was passing!! Tried everything to get off with it. B- - - - - - - !?

^^^^ Do the crime do the time:)

Shudda told the plod when he pulled you over and asked why you were speeding that your wife had run away with a copper and you were going that fast because you thought that it was he was the same copper bringing her back :lol:

Last edited: