ESP Warning Light Stays on

Richrich14

Car
Audi A3 1.8T
Hello guys,

I was drving home a few nights ago and my ESP warning light came on and stayed on. It had had a bit of use due to the snow and ice but ever since it is proving to be a bit of a problem. When i start the car now the light comes on and goes off as usual but within 2-5 miles i get a sharp stab momentarilly on the brakes without touching the brake pedal at all and the light comes on and stays on???

Hnybody had this problem? I have a VAG-COM and so i shall try and find the codes in the meantime.

Rich

Check your brake lights are coming on ;) - just noticed you said it happens without you hitting the pedal

failing that remove the wheels and check the sensor havent been damaged or covered in crud

Haven't got round to checking wheel sensors yet but, having downloaded fault codes i get the following fault using my VAG-COM OBD-II:

01314 - Engine control module
013 - Check DTC memory

Anybody have any ideas what DTC is or the code means?

What could be the cause and what needs to be done to rectify it?

Would appreciate some help.

Rich

dtc is the memory that holds fault codes, that sounds like a fault with the memory itself. there's a rosstech wiki you could check.

I'd be checking wether the abs sensors are covered with gunk, like pgarner says.

hey, i have cleaned all my wheel sensors but the light still comes on intermittently. However on my VAGCOM now i get the warning message "too many communication errors" when i try reading the faults in the ABS channel?
Any ideas anybody?

Sounds like your cable is bad, this error happens a lot on the cheaper vagcom cables.