engine upgrade

CHEEZE

Car
2014 corsa sri 1.4
have a 1.2litre corsa b and want to put a 2.0litre astra engine in it just wondering how much it would cost to do or if its cheaper just to buy a newer corsa

Have you thought about trading the 1.2 in on a 2 litre so you will have the upgraded ? brakes as well ??

maufacturers only build their cars o cope with the power it has . Overengineering is expesive and pointless ( for them ) So if you fit an engine with a lot more power , whether its by tuning or a bigger engine, you will need to upgrade a lot of parts to be able to use the extra power effectively and safely .

If you buy a 2 litre car it will normally be upgraded from the factory.

also you forget insurance costs - a standard 2 litre will be far cheaped than a modded 1.2 with the same power

Hi mate.

Is that the Z20let or the C20let? The Z20 apprently is the conversion to do.

Taken from CorsaSport:

"Done this conversion myself a few times inc my own works Combo Van.
Engine can be fitted using all standard Vauxhall mounts and Standard Vauxhall shafts. Corsa 1.7TD and Z20LET.
Front Box mount will need moving and rewelding back on.
I would use the F23 box just to make gear linkage easy as all standard vauxhall linkages can be used.
Only thing which was abit of work was making a pedal box for the throttle cable as the C's are fly-by-wire.
As for wiring aslong as whoever is fitting the engine knows the right wires on the C20LET then you are fine, as the C20LET only needs around 6 wires to make it run.

Nightmare is all down to how good your mechanical skills are really.
I have done millions of Corsa B's Nova's etc so found the Corsa C not that hard.
Got a customer with a Corsa D who is booked in next month which looks alittle more work."