Torque Cars

engine tune stage one:

Discussion in 'DIY tips & guides' started by Deadpool, 24 March 2016.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool New member

Oklahoma
    Car:
    98 ram 1500
    An overall engine tune up such as performance spark plugs, wires etc...also ignition and valve timing will be adjusted and thinner head gaskets will be installed to improve compression ratio while retaining power at lower revs.

2. Speedygonzales

Speedygonzales Full member

Florida
    Car:
    06 Dodge stratus RT
    So what kind of effects will these simple upgrades provide? Are you installing these on a project car?

3. Deadpool

Deadpool New member

Oklahoma
    Car:
    98 ram 1500
    Well if you do this right you should have higher throttle response, faster acceleration, an increase in torque and horse power at 1 to 4 thousand rpm, do it wrong and the car will miss fire, poor acceleration and basically making it slower then faster, there really shouldn't be any harm to the engine if you do it wrong. No I'm turning my pick up into a street rod, I was gonna race it out for Baja but I decided not too.

4. Lando1222

Lando1222 Newbie

Pinellas Park Florida
    Car:
    2017 Nissan Versa
    Can you do a tune on a naturally aspirated engine like you can do to a turbo engine??

5. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

Apart from the headgasket these mods are more maintainance than performance.
    obviously if something isnt working 100% then changing it will make the car run better but in reality it is simply restoring any lost power.
    Changing the head gasket may work on an old school v8 but on a modern engine with an ecu and fuel injection there are much simpler mods that will do far more good
    An engine remap for example

6. Lando1222

Lando1222 Newbie

Pinellas Park Florida
    Car:
    2017 Nissan Versa
    Well I ask because I have a friend that did a tune on his Ford Focus ST and got more power I was just curious if it would work on a NA engine. I'm used to old school engines not these new computerized cars lol