engine question

D

drmanish

i want to know about the difference in working and performance between the following two diesel engines as i m going to by it after your valuable advice
FIAT 1.3 16V 75BHP MULTIJET IN GRANDE PUNTO
NISSAN MICRA 68 BHP TURBO

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Cannot help you directly with your question, but someone will be along in a little while who will be able to answer you more directly!

Good luck ;)

The M-Jet engines are well respected and respond well to ECU remappping. However, in my opinion they're quite coarse compared to the Nissan Micra's Renault sourced engine.

There are higher output versions of the Micra, all the way up to 86bhp. The 86bhp unit will go to 111bhp and 218lbft (figures, Celtic Tuning)

The M-Jet engines are well respected and respond well to ECU remappping. However, in my opinion they're quite coarse compared to the Nissan Micra's Renault sourced engine.

There are higher output versions of the Micra, all the way up to 86bhp. The 86bhp unit will go to 111bhp and 218lbft (figures, Celtic Tuning)

218lbft is a lot of torque for that engine...

Hi people. I have came across a problem on my 206 1.1L. Its a 1998 and it has 73000 miles on it. When my engine heats up and I rev the engine and let the revs drop I get a short engine knock. Like 5 knocks at a time. It also happens when i turn my wheel and the power steering kicks in. The engine revs drop a little and I get a short knock. I also get it on very slow acceration in first gear. In my opinion I think it is an exhaust or engine mount. I would apreciate some help please. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi people. I have came across a problem on my 206 1.1L. Its a 1998 and it has 73000 miles on it. When my engine heats up and I rev the engine and let the revs drop I get a short engine knock. Like 5 knocks at a time. It also happens when i turn my wheel and the power steering kicks in. The engine revs drop a little and I get a short knock. I also get it on very slow acceration in first gear. In my opinion I think it is an exhaust or engine mount. I would apreciate some help please. Thanks

Knocking noises are never good news. The source of such noises can be very hard to ascertain. Hopefully it's not bottom end bearings, though at 73,000 miles this is incredibly unlikely so long as the engine has never been run dry.