engine conversions (Vauxhall)

b3n

Wrench Pro
Car
astra estate 1.6
the engine i have is a 1.6 16v ecotec i have always thought how to increase power as it an estate and sluggish. many answers have been a conversion. how big can i go (2.0 etc) and would all vauxhall engines fit, so a straight swap or any minor adjustments required ?

well you could go for the 2.2, or the 2.0, or the 2.0 turbo. But honestly mate, the x16xel (your engine) is a little gem!!! I have this engine in my track day car and its brilliant.
However, as dome people say, there's no replacement for displacement and a bigger engine will make it more enjoyable on the road.

(a little gem you say) that's good news, ill keep looking, the 2.0 turbo sounds nice but if I got a good engine maybe I should not swap . it hasn't done me wrong since. don't want to spoil a good thing.
AS this is my only car no mods should be needed just in case of mistakes! maybe i should take your approach and get another car to modify! Many Thanks

oh about your track day car! what mods you have on that ? and where do you shop im always looking around even on ebay still cant find anything. also do you have any pics would be nice to see what your messing around in lol