Torque Cars

engine conversions (Vauxhall)

Discussion in 'Astra' started by b3n, 25 May 2012.

1. b3n

b3n Wrench Pro

broughton
    Car:
    astra estate 1.6
    the engine i have is a 1.6 16v ecotec i have always thought how to increase power as it an estate and sluggish. many answers have been a conversion. how big can i go (2.0 etc) and would all vauxhall engines fit, so a straight swap or any minor adjustments required ?

2. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    well you could go for the 2.2, or the 2.0, or the 2.0 turbo. But honestly mate, the x16xel (your engine) is a little gem!!! I have this engine in my track day car and its brilliant.
    However, as dome people say, there's no replacement for displacement and a bigger engine will make it more enjoyable on the road.

3. b3n

b3n Wrench Pro

broughton
    Car:
    astra estate 1.6
    (a little gem you say) that's good news, ill keep looking, the 2.0 turbo sounds nice but if I got a good engine maybe I should not swap . it hasn't done me wrong since. don't want to spoil a good thing.
    AS this is my only car no mods should be needed just in case of mistakes! maybe i should take your approach and get another car to modify! Many Thanks

4. b3n

b3n Wrench Pro

broughton
    Car:
    astra estate 1.6
    oh about your track day car! what mods you have on that ? and where do you shop im always looking around even on ebay still cant find anything. also do you have any pics would be nice to see what your messing around in lol

5. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    Click on the link in my signature below.