electric turbo superchargers:- r they any good

tomgourley

Car
04 civic 1.6 sport
I have seen on eBay 6 or seven different "electric turbo superchargers" that connect behind the air filter and take power from the battery, does anyone think they are any good? When turned off do they severely decrease cars performance as the fan blocks the ingoing air, and when on is there an increase of power, (20bhp) does it drain the battery a lot?

OK Thanks, that is what I was thinking, to good to be true would probably be a pain in the ass and get binned.

oh....the high end electric one from superpowerchargers is liquid cooled and has it own processor

I've six on my engine and now runs 800bhp and does 6 sec 1/4s...................

......................okay maybe not :amuse:

Do not bother, waste of money and only fools will buy them. Answer me this, how often do you see them coming up on the secondhand market? Never because the fools who bought them in the first place are too embaressed to sell them on and be found out! :lol:

A few car mags have put them on the dyno and the cars LOST power! Redline was I believe the most recent to try one.

The extra restriction in the airflow caused by the supercharger was greater than any benefit it offered when switched on.