EGR Valve Removal

Jackarmy

Car
Civic ES 2.2 i-cdti
Hi all

new to the forum, not much of a tuner. Been loosing a lot of power with my civic recently, flat spots after gear shifts etc

Had it checked out, nothing coming up on the scan, the injector was leaking a few months ago and the seal needed to be replaced.

Got a mate whose going to contact one of his Honda mates to do a bit of digging etc.

Anyway, i was talking to a colleague about the EGR valve and perhaps this needed cleaning. He suggested just removing the EGR valve full stop. Said it would greatly improve the performance and have a little impact on economy.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Has anyone dont it before? Any long term complications?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

Your best option would be to blank it off if possible rather than remove it. This throws up a fault code and even an engine management light on some cars. To get round this you might be able to drill a small hole in the blanking plate or get it mapped out.
Hope this helps

Thank you for the welcome -

Jakeymd - I'm gonna have a chat with the guy whose going over the car, and ask him about that. Much easier than removing it, cleaning it bla bla

Cheers

Any other advice would be appreciated

9 out of ten times they can be sorted with a clean, also give the map sensor a good clean (both can be cleaned with petrol/spirits/meths etc), Be careful if you want to clean the maf sensor though as they are delicate and can only be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and the like.