disaster

02paynemi

Tuner
Car
A3 1.8t quattro T
aflter all the problemsd with modding my car this weekend i have now hit a deer. didnt think things could get worse.

so now i need a new front bumper.

its an "a3 quattro 02" the bumper looks different to a standard a3 is it?, can any one recomend a bumper to use as i not shure if ill be able to track the quattro one. kinda hopin an s3 one would fit straight on or without to much work?

na it cant be fixed its smashed to bits, was doin 110mph when it ran out duno wat speed i actualy hit the deer but there wasnt much left. im just shocked and soooo glad that it didnt to more damage.

Thats not good mate but yeah you are pretty lucky considering... Glad your ok buddy at least the car can be repaired you can't!. No as easily anyways...

As has been said your are very lucky. I can't get to the bottom of the S3 bumpers (-2001 at least). They have flared arches and most kits list the S3 separately but I've looked at one close up and they look pretty similar to me, perhaps the mounts are different or maybe the arches flare more from lower down. There are some nice bumpers around for the A3.

What year is your model?

Not being funny mate, but 110mph... I'm guessing round country lanes too.. not good ;)

and I'm not just saying that cos my car won't do that ;)

The quattros defy all the laws of physics when it comes to cornering and accelerating on wet roads but sadly the stopping shows its weakness! ;)

I never picked up on the speed and it being on a road :eek:. TSK TSK! You were lucky to get away alive and uninjured. This is why we say save your racing for the track!

Year found a company that will send me the standard bumper painted, and another one that can get me the light.... decided to go for new standerd parts to save hassle as i have done body kits befor and there not always easy, should only cost me £250. Also I went back to the scene of the accident in daylight and found my grill in the hedge so that has saved me abit of money.

no i broke it's legs and it totaled my truck but the fish and game told me that i could keep the moose and assign my hunting tag to it along with the police report. not a fair trade, but the freezer was full for almost 2 years.

Just on ebay, as you do, and came across an A3 for sale and thought I recognised the seller name but could not work out where it was from... and then by chance I thought I'd check out the forum and there it is, a one and a half year old story about hitting a deer, from the exact same seller :p no mention of the deer on the listing ;) Was tempted to go test drive it just to see the power difference between a 180 and 280hp! Nice looking car all the same, hope you get what you want for it

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back