D16z6 swap

budjet civic

Car
89 civic hatch back
Just me again. Found a D16z6 motor ,tranny,axles and wiring harness -no ecu all for 350.00us motor has 120k on it,

My question today is what swap problems will I be looking at to put this 95 civic ex motor into my 89 civic Hatch back.

I know I will have to find a ecu , but what fitment problems will I run into .
Thanks you guys are great. Dennis

proberly wouldnt bother with the d series engine mate theres still not much tunability avalible for it.

if you do go for it it should be a straight swap in, gearbox may have caused an issue but as youve got that there should be any problems

DO NOT DO THE SWAP. The effort is just not worth it. The D series do not have enough capability to be tuned to hight figures. You will struggle to get 150 bhp out fo this engine unless you have deep pockets. As for fitment, it should drop straight in without any problems. My advice would be to get yourself a JDM B18C.

good points guys, But I am not into maxi power here, a stock 1.6 will give me an additional 40 to 50 hp, I am running a high milage 1.5 right now(275k) still runs pretty strong for the year and milage, But I use this car for auto cross racing as well as street driving. Last season I came in 3rd overall in a street Modified class and I would love to be a bit more competeive without haveing to clean out all the bank accounts as my name say this is a bugjet civic, The car was given to me by a good friend -rest his sole-and I am having blast with it on the coarse with my son.also it gives me a chance to park my gas sucking ford F-150(15mpg) and drive this (38mpg).

doinf this swap looks to be a pretty strait forward swap. is there anything I need to know before I purchase this drive train and put it in.