D-turbo mods

Moses1991

Car
1998 306 d-turbo
Hi people new to this so go easy on me lol

I hav a 1998 306 d-turbo with a few mods nothin serous but lookin to do a bit of work in the future

I hav heard that you can't fit the pump , injectors and turbo the a Merc do not no if this is true or not so could someone plzzz help me

If this is possible what Merc is it that's fits, what sort of work is needed to do this and what sort of power increase would be expected

Hiya mate, Welcome to TorqueCars!

The Merc parts only fit on the HDi model. If your after power, you'll need a mechanically driven bosch fuel pump, refurbished standard injectors and a TD04 turbo. People on the pug forums make adapter plates suitable for the TD04 conversion for a couple of quid, but you need to be handy with a welder for a piece of mine.

On a healthy engine, you'll get around 160-170bhp and around 220ibft of torque with the stated mods.

Brilliant little cars, and I wish I still owned mine!

Hiya mate, Welcome to TorqueCars!

The Merc parts only fit on the HDi model. If your after power, you'll need a mechanically driven bosch fuel pump, refurbished standard injectors and a TD04 turbo. People on the pug forums make adapter plates suitable for the TD04 conversion for a couple of quid, but you need to be handy with a welder for a piece of mine.

On a healthy engine, you'll get around 160-170bhp and around 220ibft of torque with the stated mods.

Brilliant little cars, and I wish I still owned mine!

R u sure cause I think that a fella around my way he only had a d-turbo it wasn't a hdi although there was aload of work to his cause it was 297bhp so I don't no

Runin a Lucas screwed half a turn and a 2.1 xantia turbo it's pokey but want it a bit quicker or a good bit quicker lol

R u sure cause I think that a fella around my way he only had a d-turbo it wasn't a hdi although there was aload of work to his cause it was 297bhp so I don't no

Runin a Lucas screwed half a turn and a 2.1 xantia turbo it's pokey but want it a bit quicker or a good bit quicker lol

Positive mate! ;)

I doubt his D turbo was 297bhp, being a D turbo. Most powerful recorded D turbo was 210bhp made by a guy called James. He must have spent 3k plus on his.

The HDi's can get more power from them, around 250bhp, but you need to spend alot.

Greetings Moses1991 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)