Customizing a Scion xB

AeroCharon

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Civic
This is actually a general question but I couldn't find a general tuner forum so hopefully this is an okay spot for posting this question. I never really thought about customizing an xB for street racing or track for that matter but a friend of mine says he knows a guy who is getting ready to do just that. I could never get into that boxy shape but I'll admit, my curiosity's peaked. Has anyone here seen a Scion xB modified for racing? What are the best ways to do that? Are aerodynamics pretty much out the window?

Wow, they actually did a nice job! The first post almost reminded me of the Wasteland Weekend; the car show for people that customize their cars Mad Max style! LOL

lol the first one is something like a car crash up thing. but what matters are the specs and how is done. hope these were useful, was it what you were looking for? We don't have these cars here. how are these?

I was pretty much just curious. I've driven a Scion xA but never an xB. They always just seemed so aerodynamically bad that I couldn't imagine driving one, let alone getting one track ready. But it looks like these guys have proven me wrong!

as a kid mz dad had 2 of those, I alwazs want to rebuild one with lancia 1.6 engine with turbo. they are lightweight. somewhere 800kg or so.

yes these have bad reputation as well for having issues and being broken, i mean as factorz cars they suck, but custom build, that is another story. there is a connection between me and those cars. so what is your friend doing with the scion? any pics of it?

It's actually my friend's neighbor who I've never met. I haven't seen his xB either and I think he's just started working on it so I don't know whether there would be much to see anyway.

well scion is most for the u.s. market, we don't have them here, but we have toyota here, same thing. it's a small car. tuning small cars is fun. what is your opinion about tuning the scion and overall small cars´?

The Civic is pretty small so I really only have experience in tuning smaller cars. I guess my questions about the xB had less to do with its size and more with its shape.

i got you now. nearly all scion xb were made for style and less for performance, so i guess it wont be hard to find body kits and stuff for it.