couple of things about my 414i

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
1st off hope all had a good chrimbo and new year!

ok so i want to install an iductiion kit at some point when i have a bit more cash, but i read the tut on the home page and it said smaller engines or non turbo cars can actually suffer bhp loss, so would this happen on my 414? its a 1.4i 16v twin cam engine

sencond, im goin to paint my interior, (i want red and black, but my car is turqiose, so im thinkin more towards blue and black, what you think?) but does anyone know how pull the dash etc apart, i take it the side panels should just pull off, but what about dash?

3rd , alloys, chrome, black or two tone?

TA!

oh yea and are there any available headlight conversions for the 414?

Last edited:
Hi Buddy. You'd be better off with a panel air filter for the 414 if you are after power if it is just the noise you want then induction kits are fine but you will lose some low down power.

What about lime green and black on the interior? If you visit the scrap yard you can strip out an old dash, learn how it goes together then paint this whilst still being able to use your car.

Alloys - a nice set of chrome alloys look nice. Try Moto-build for headlight conversions - they do the lexus style rear light clusters. Theres not so much around for the Rovers these days.

didnt think about lime green cool ill have to see how that looks, thnks for the advice man

will these fit, not too sure cos mines a 97 model
new_angel_eyes.jpg

Now available, made to order brand new angel eye headlights for Rover 200-400 1990 - 95 plus all coupe and cabriolet to 1998. Price for a pair is ?175.00 Postage 12.00 (UK mainland only)

Last edited:
They look good! I would have thought they would fit - they look the same as yours but it does say only coupe and cabrio to 98. Perhaps the wiring is different on the post 95 Rovers - its worth asking them if it will fit and if it doesn't they may have a fitting kit you can use.

wiring for headlights is easy enough for single lights H4 you have earth dipped and full beam. multimeter will be able to tell you which ones which
rover 400 used 2 bulbs which makes it easier 2 earths and 2 lives

couple of bullet or spade connectors and give an hour to connect

yea ill have to give them a call, they cheap too, and would look cool
-
ive just seen some fuel pumps and a engine tuning power boost vavle, are these worth getting thre not very expensive but might add a bit of power to the car?

Last edited:
fuel pumps are only really needed if you have done major work on the engine and the cars running lean

the boost valves will increase throttle response although some do say top end power is increased

ah, ill probably just get the boost vavle, i noticed today the throttle respone is quite slow, ta for the info

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back