Considering an Engine swap on my 406

I can see what he's thinking. No point in having a fast car if you can't afford to drive it anywhere quickly.

The goal is not either to get the fuel consumption as high as possible regardless of whether or not you can go any faster as a result

i think the same the TN. i want decent economy going up and down the motorway going to work etc but some fun when the times right - back roads when im on my own.
theats the beauty of the turbo i get decent economy on the mway 37-39 on a long journry when i dont care about the performance of the car as long as it can sit at a speed and hold it.

i think the same the TN. i want decent economy going up and down the motorway going to work etc but some fun when the times right - back roads when im on my own.
theats the beauty of the turbo i get decent economy on the mway 37-39 on a long journry when i dont care about the performance of the car as long as it can sit at a speed and hold it.

ya totally agree wid u pgarner....
because am not a fan of racing as such but still I do want to feel speed as it should..getting what i mean...
anyways about the HDi Vs V6....

means...
HDi = Economy + Performance
V6 = Performance....

Well am not judging anyone here...
but still just wanted a swap because i personally think that the 2.0HDi actually present on my pug is lazy......
but still you gat me on the way right to the HDi 2.2 or the V6 one....
in previous posts you've said the diesel to petrol swap is much of a bigger budget compaired to the diesel to diesel swap because of the fuel pump etc....

Well.....
actually, the thing is that I already have a 2.2HDi engine present, and one last advice give me precise details about the engine, because I think will consider this one itself......and please don't go off topic..:D:D:p:D:D

The 2.2 HDi engine is engine model code DW12TED4.

It is a stonking unit and was one of the first 4 cylinder diesels to offer proper performance. Not many were made, at the time they were available in new cars all diesels buyers considered was fuel economy. Not that they're thirsty engines, but the models fitted with it were always at the higher end of the range(s) so most just plumped for the 2.0HDi 110bhp simply because the 2.2 models cost too much to buy.

This is a shame because the 2.2 is worlds away from the 2.0 in driveability and smoothness.

A remapped DW12 is more than a match for a 3.0V6 in performance.