Cold Icey Weather

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
OK jumped in the car this morning to find there was a nice layer of ice on the windscreen

got this from msn last year when winter was starting to set in so how many have the following in their car

• Spare mobile phone battery and charger
• Torch
• Blanket
• First-aid kit
• A coat and gloves
• Umbrella
• Food and water
• Shovel
• Any medication you need to take
• Windscreen scraper and de-icer
• Jump leads
• Fuel can
• Fire extinguisher
• An old rug (which you can put under your wheels if you get stuck)
• Spare bulbs and fuses

so who has what come winter ?
from the list above i dont have water, deicer, spare fuel (i hardly ever let if get below 1/4 tank) and rug. the shovel only goes in when there is snow on the road

• Spare mobile phone battery and charger - Have a Car Charger. Spare battery lives in wallet
• Torch - Yes
• Blanket - No, wuss :p
• First-aid kit - My first aid box compartment has Vag-Com in it?. First aid for the car maybe? :)
• A coat and gloves - If it cold enough, i'll be wearing them when I leave the house, to get to the car!
• Umbrella - No, but the R36 has an umbrella holder with drain holes to the outside. Really should get one and make use of it!
• Food and water - No
• Shovel - No
• Any medication you need to take - Don't take any.
• Windscreen scraper and de-icer - De-icer, no scraper.
• Jump leads - No
• Fuel can - No
• Fire extinguisher - No
• An old rug (which you can put under your wheels if you get stuck) - No
• Spare bulbs and fuses - No. Headlights are Xenons that can't be changed 'out and about' and the other lights are all LED (bar number plate which has two bulbs).

>> Last year I managed to sink the W8 down to the floor pan. Pulled onto what I thought was fluffy snow to let a car past and it was a ditch. Entire thing collapsed beneath me!! Managed to back the car left hand down so that 1 front wheel was on the snowy road. By scraping down to frozen road with a couple of plastic CD cases - amazingly the 4motion and EDL managed to pull the 2 tonne beast free. Amazed everyone, including me. The police said there was no chance of it coming out and I was wasting my time.

• Spare mobile phone battery and charger = have car phone
• Torch = yep supplied with car in glove box, self charging
• Blanket = yep in the boot
• First-aid kit = built in rear seat
• A coat and gloves = yep in boot
• Umbrella= on the back shelf
• Food and water= water always, food no
• Shovel = yep fold up jobbie from screwfix
• Any medication you need to take= always have nurofen in the car
• Windscreen scraper and de-icer= all year round in boot
• Jump leads = yes always carry them
• Fuel can = no
• Fire extinguisher= yep built in under seat
• An old rug (which you can put under your wheels if you get stuck)= 2 old car mats
• Spare bulbs and fuses= loads in the boot

Looks like Im pretty much sorted apart from food and a petrol can although I always have Maynards wine gums in the door pocket.....

all i have is a good tow rope for helping people when they get stuck or if i get stuck and thats it can get out of nearly anything so will only go out to play anyway

Looks like I need to do a bit of shopping. I do have some of those foil space blankets and a first aid kit.

I cant beleive it is starting to get icy already! :evil::evil::eek:

was getting colder today am thinking about getting the heater on at work was working on a mustang today and playing around with the dash and could just about fill my fingers does get cold in the workshop

Got a lot of snow here today. Around 15 inhces now and snowing about an inch an hour now I think. Allways have certain gear with me during winter but unfortunatly not everything is in the car yet...:confused:

I usually have most of my SAR gear in the car which consists of most of the things you would need (clothes, an avelance showel, rappeling gear (doesn't help much with the snow though...), some food, flashlight and spare batteries for that) plus a tow rope

Well my frost warning light came on for the first time on Tuesday! Does this count?

I could scrape some frost from the freezer and sprinkle this over the window if that will make everyone jealous;)