Torque Cars

clutch

Discussion in 'Peugeot forums' started by guesswho, 19 January 2012.

1. guesswho

guesswho Newbie

south africa
    Car:
    peugeot 206 1.4
    :(hi guys

on monday i took my car in because my clutch cable snapped, then they gave me a quote and it was R12800 because they said my whole clutch kit is messed because "i drive with my foot on the clutch" and they say they have proof. is this possible please help

2. guesswho

guesswho Newbie

south africa
    Car:
    peugeot 206 1.4
    oh by the way its a 2005 peugeot and i bought it last month:sad2:

3. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    if you drive with your foot on the clutch you maybe applying slight pressure which could probably wear out the plate and the springs.

4. guesswho

guesswho Newbie

south africa
    Car:
    peugeot 206 1.4
    thank you Jakeymd, much appreciated

5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    It doesn't take much pressure to burn a clutch out, another thing people do is keep the clutch depressed whilst parked, instead of putting it in neutral.

6. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt
    If you drive with your foot on the clutch..riding the clutch..it reduces pressure causing the clutch to turn a blue,ish colour!.Thats how they can tell!.