Clio HID conversion kits

Marrk

Wrench Pro
Car
Clio MkII 1.2
I have a Renault Clio 1.2 16v MkII 51 plate...
Currently I have upgraded the sound in my car which is pretty sick and i now want to start on the appearance. The car is completely stock apart from the sound!
I am planning on getting new alloys, HID lights and tinting the windows. Just the generic 'pimping'.
But I will need quite a lot of help on the way!

Re: Clio Owners introduce yourselves here.

welcome
please stay away from conversion kit HIDs youll do nothing but blind other drivers if you want HIDs see if the 172 or 182 had then as standard

welcome
please stay away from conversion kit HIDs youll do nothing but blind other drivers if you want HIDs see if the 172 or 182 had then as standard

Doesnt everyone just get conversion kits when they buy HIDs?
How would you recommend i go about this then?

yup and thats the problem people go ohh my lights are poor so i will buy Hids.
the reflectors in halogen lights are designed for halogen bulbs. the Hids give a different pattern. it DOES NOT matter if you have projectors as they are still designed for halogen bulbs. the only correct HID bulb is the D2 design

MA is slightly wrong they are legal but they need to be self levelling (not the manual switch on the dash), have headlight washers and be in the correct enclosure.

as i said have alook and see if any clios came with HIDs as standard and get them. then you will need to get a self levelling motors and sensors, headlight washers.

or just buy decent bulbs. im currently using nightbreakers and find them to be very good compared to what was fitted as standard (Hdi will back me up on this that the VW H4 bulbs are crap )
im also wanting to convert to Hids however so few ever came from the factory im looking at around £500 for the parts, 2nd hand. if i was to walk into VW id be looking at around £1500

Ok 99% of aftermarket HID's are illegal :lol: And they are TOO BRIGHT. Come flying up behind me with some gay disco lights and I'll whack the brakes on before proceeding very slowly indeed. And no, you can't overtake because I'll just accelerate. Sorry but it's just something I really hate because they are completely unecessary.

i dont know about too much about the hid lights and conversion kit but cant you just get the bublbs in halfords and they'll do the job?

big difference to the normal halogen and HIDs
the super bright 100w halogen xenon ones are close to HIDs but run the risk of melting the lenses if they are plastic