Clio 172 Phase 2 tuning problem

B

Bossko

Put a Blueflame sports cat back exhaust and Piper air filer, plus a Response chip software download for the ECU, and the results were crap. If anyone has any ideas why the power is down I'd love some answers. Will cost around £450 to buy a new ECU if the problems with the Response software. Still only put out 145 @ the wheels and 162 @ the flywheel. Was told to change the exhaust manifold to a 182 and gas flow the head at a cost of £1600. At the moment it's not much fasfer than a Cooper S in a straight line.

Has anyone got a dyno chart for a cleo 172 phase 2?

Re: Clio 172 CUP (G) Tuning

You might find that Renault can reflash the ECU. I'm not a big fan of DIY flashing - there is too much that could go wrong it is much better to get a custom remap which is tailor made to suit your cars settings.

Gas flowing the head will help but you really need to isolate the reason why power is down so much. Has it been recently serviced?

I've made this it's own thread now as it is a question in its own right. Also I forgot to welcome you to TorqueCars so hello, its nice to have you along.