Clio 1.6 Turbo :)

wezzel98765

Road Burner
Car
Renault Clio 1.2 8V
I have seen some turbo kits and was thinking, when I buy my next car, a Renault Clio 1.6 16v, what do I need for the turbo to go straight in :)?

I only want to run it on a very low boost, just for a bit of extra power, like the little boosts they run on the new Clio 1.2 TCEs :)

Was looking at a Turbo from

http://turborevs.org.uk/Turbo Kit.htm

(The full kit at the bottom including T3/T4 turbo charger, 38mm Tial style waste gate, dump valve, and manual boost controller)

and also, of corse one of their universal intercoolers :)

http://turborevs.org.uk/intercooler-kits/intercooler-kit/universal-front-mount-intercooler-kit.html

Do I need an uprated exhaust system, if so, what do you recommend :)?

Cat back, or manifold and cat back? or something else?

I know I will need an ECU remap afterwards too ;)

Regards :)

The more you do the better it will be. Investing a bit in stronger low compression pistons will allow you to turn up the boost.

Kits should include all you need and there must be an oil/cooling solution for the turbo if you want it to last. They will also need a custom exhaust header fairly obviously and some type of controller/ecu to balance boost and wastegate.

With a water injection kit you might get away with a higher level of boost.;)

:)

Thanks for that buddy :)

I just want something with a low boost really to give a little bit extra power :)

So far, I have been told that I need an upgraded manifold, bigger injectors, exhaust, downpipe, new oil lines and a remap.

What about a supercharger? Its a bolt on and leave it alone. I'm not even sure they need oil? Stamford will know about this.

Supercharger... sounds good :)

Can I set it so that I don't need to replace much else to make it work though :)? (like having a low PSI Turbo :) )

Have a read of Claymores thread about his Fiat. That was a bolt on job that replaced the aircon pump as far as I remember.

I got a myself a new clio gt 1.6 16v. I really wished it had a turbo, I knew u could turbo a non turbo engine but it just seemed too far fetched but now it seems doable at a resonable cost. Il b keeping my eye on this post 4 tips :)

Thanks

£325 for a T3 turbo ???????????????? sounds like its from the far east.

if your serious about a turbo conversion mate id look at putting around £3-4k towards it.