Clio 1.2 16v mk2 (2001)

rod2673

Car
Renault Clio 1.2 16
Hello Clio comrades!

I am a Clio owner and my car at the moment is as standard as it can be from the dealership. My intensions are to modify it and gain more power from that little 1.2 engine by DIY it myself so I can gain some experience.
If any of you are in the same sitauation or were like me please reply to this thread with your suggestions on how and what should I start with.
My mechanics knowledge is very basic but I am really eager to learn ;)

thanks!
Rod

hey and welcome to the site mate.
to be honest youll stuggle to gain much from the 1.2 engine without spending some serious money - to the point where youd be better selling it and buying a more powerful clio to start with.

if your after DIY then look to things such as exhausts etc that you can do yourself pretty easily. also buy a haynes manual and look towards servicing it

Hi pgarner:
Thank you for your reply and honest suggestion. I think you're right on the money, the more I read in forums about this Clio they all suggest getting another one with a bigger engine.
I will take your advice and maybe just suspension and exhaust pipes then move on.
Thanks again :)

im exactly the same, i have a 1.2 clio dynamique but i was thinking of adding a induction kit, would that help the situation slightly? just like you, my knowledge is far from that of an expert lol

Hi ClioUnique,
As per the replies above, it seems that its not worth spend the money since it won't make much difference. Maybe 1bhp? Although the experience of DIY is what counts more here :)
If you decide to do it let me know please, I'm wondering if it will sound different as well (engine)

yh ill let you kno rod2673 im very excited about it trust me! my friend had one for his clio and it made a difference, a noticable difference to! so ill let you know

Cool! I'm sure it will.even if there are a couple of hp's its ok ;)
Let me know which one as well so I might go for the same one.