clicking noise

fredkruger

Torque Junkie
Car
ford focus silver
alright chaps.i have an annoying clicking noise from the drivers side.i thought it was the driveshaft starting to go but have checked the driveshaft.took the rubbers off and degreased the shaft joints they look fine no wear at all.i was wondering if it could be an engine mounting as when i pull away in first there is a lot of movement.and more so in reverse.any ideas.....i will have to jack the engine up and have a look.cheers chaps.

cheers mate.have checked engine mounting and took it off.the mounting is fine its the actual chassis where the mounting bolts the constant vibration has snapped the nut that the mounting bolts to.i have welded a thick washer with the nut on to the chassis.the metal where that top engine mouting is bolted is very thin for the weight it has to bear.its all back together now clicking has gone.drives a lot smoother now.

Did some digging, and it does seem to be a common problem with the engine mounting plate does snap and need to be welded, I think I might check mine now just to see what state it's in....

did I pass you today in Birmingham?

cheers for all advice.its worth checkin.i thought it was rust that caused it but the metal is just like new and shiny.i think its just the actual twisting of the mounting.like when you bend metal and it snaps.its worth checking if your thinking of upping your power.its worth strengthening it.hows all the mods goin on the old lady.