Celica GT 94 Turbo Conversion

Gromitt

Does any one know if a Turbo conversion is possible on a Celica GT 1994? And if there are any websites that sell turbo kits for it?

I bought it about 2 months ago and i'm finding it hard to find any decent power modifications.

The car is a fine motor - very reliable and solid engines. The GT Turbo has more upgrade options though - the non turbo is not often modified.

The best route would be an engine swap for the Turbo engine initially and then go for a larger turbo.

With your current engine :- Other things you can do is get the head flowed and skimmed, fit high compression pistons (unless you are still going to go the turbo route) Adding Nitrous also gives more power. Uprating the fuelling and bigger injectors will also release more power.

It depends a lot on where the engine comes from. There are a few from scrapyards where owners have lost control and their pride and joy has been written off. Avoid any with heavy front end smacks though. A good mechanic should be able to do an engine swap in a couple of days. It's really worth getting some quotes because the swap will be the easiest way to get big power.

Some firms sell reconditioned engines and these are worth considering also. The only things to check are gearbox and transmission compatibility - the last thing you want is to do a complete rebuild of the car!

Keep an eye out on Ebay there are quite a few bargains to be had especially in the Winter. (I'm staying in this time when it snows. :D )