can you and how do you convert a jag axle with outboard brakes to inboard brakes

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
As per the status can you and how do you convert a jag axle with outboard brakes to inboard brakes, is they a thread or a website that explains it all

A bit more info needed - what jag/car ?

some jags do have inboard discs (xjs comes to mind ) I would have thoiught swopping the parts isnt likely to work but maybe fitting the complete axle might.

posted at the same time as OG

right the jaguar axle is from a xj6 3.2 (x300)

I pick up this axle for £100 which i thought was quite good, and about a 3rd of the price iv seen the older inboard irs going for, it was just a thought as im gona be remaking the lower suspension arms so wondered how easy it would be to c onvert to inboard...

If it is for a road car them IMO it's not worth the effort BUT if it is for a track car and you want to reduce the unsprung weight then go 4 it

In that case, the choice is yours, but don't make extra work modifying an axle when you can buy one ready made. You will have enough work to do as it is :)

I need to modify the axle as I want to shorten the half shalts plus I'm remaking the lower arms so that there shorter and wider so that I don't need no trailing arms etc

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back