Torque Cars

boost issue B6 1.8T

Discussion in 'Audi forums' started by Alba, 22 March 2010.

1. Alba

Alba Newbie

Australia
    Car:
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Hi guys, ive introduced myself in the newbie section. I own a B6 A4, and have remapped it with Custom code. I have taken on Superchips|Bluefin as part of my business. Anyway the dram i have is intermittently the ecu turns the boost right down. Ive logged it doing so, duty cycle of the N75 turns down and the requested and actual boost reading go to almost standard. MAF reads low at the same time. Ive tried MAFs, fixed a Lambda issue, and changed all vac pipes.Anyone experienced this one????? Something is telling the Ecu to turn it all down. As a tech ive been right through the system and seems im now missing something
    Cheers in advance
    Alba

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    i take it you have changed the diverter valve ? if it is split then the boost will be leaking.

what were the requested boost against actual boost ? if the actual goes over by 300mbar then it will go into limp mode 5psi

3. Alba

Alba Newbie

Australia
    Car:
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Hey i see you are from Lockerbie, im an Ayrshire lad, been over here for 10 yrs now. Anyway mate i put a brand new DV on there from a new 9N Gti. Still the same. I is dropping to around 5psi i would say,its well below std. When on song its great. When good its 2010 Mbar and crap its around 1000mbar ish. Now i havent noticed a 300 mbar difference between req and actual, so you reckon its either a spike or a leak. Very subtle spike if it is though. Only thing i havent tried is a N75.
    Cheers
    Alba

4. pgarner

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Nice change for you then

its definetly going into limp mode which is normally overboost.

think i stole this off VWaudi forum a couple of years ago

as your doing diagnostics im guessing you have vcds (vagcom)

5. Alba

Alba Newbie

Australia
    Car:
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Yeah mate i use VCDS and have a Launch Diagun palm pilot for all the other makes. Im thinking i might undo the custom code flash. I now do Superchips. I would be worth having a stab at another flash. i must check the long term trim then. It is so on and off now its hard to catch it with logs. still its the only way really. with superchips they err on the richer side for safety. I thought lean a while back actually, its catching it misbehaving on the laptop thats the killer.
    Ill see how i go
    Cheers, been a great help
    Alba

6. pgarner

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    just a quick thought maybe not over boost but loss of boost. on top of the engine there is the notiorious Y connector that is very prone to spliting