Bonnet Cable Snapped

deighton306

Wrench Pro
Car
306 D-Turbo-Finally
I bet i am getting on everyones nerves with all these posts but i am hopeless lol
I had a problem with my lever not opening the bonnet but i got around that there was a bolt under the front grill which loosened it enough for me to SQUEEZE my hand in and rip it to shreds, and pull the cable i needed to get it because the bloke i bought it off had put a differant coil and and now and again it would splutter as one of the plugs were coming off, it had started again so i asked a thinner mate:p to put his arm up, and he has managed to pull it out of the catch, is there any way of getting to the catch without having to go under the car??

I seen someone had done it on a 406 but they are differant on the front end so im a bit unsure have spent hours but cannot get any joy..:mad:
thanks again for the help guys

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Can you clarify a point for me.

Do you just need to get the bonnet open again or are you asking about replacing the cable?

Sorry for the delay. Can you clarify a point for me.

Do you just need to get the bonnet open again or are you asking about replacing the cable?

Just to get the bonnet up i can fix the cable once its open but its just annoying when i can't do any mods yet lol
I am going to try n get another 306 and have it side by side and have a good look but just wonmdering if anyone has done this before??:bigsmile:

On some cars if you can get underneath and reach up you can just pull the hook for the bonnet cable with your fingers or a pair of pliers if you're of the female persuasion :toung:

Sometimes the bolt holding the bracket, the bonnet lever is attached to comes loose. The bracket then moves with the handle when you pull it, so no cable is actually being pulled. :)

Last edited:
Hey Guys, finally got round to having a good look at the bonnet, when i changed my rear axle i had changed the brake lines so i used an old one to do this but a coathanger or something similar will work,
First you need to prise away the front grill so you can get a torch underneath, looking at the mechanism if you look in the right hand side, you will see a spring attatched to two parts of the catch, now going in from the left if you bend the wire 180 degrees at the end so you have a hook sit it against the spring and push inwards it will feel like its clicked into place then just pull back and this should release the bonnet :D

I had spent hours trying to do this but with the right tools took me 10 mins :O aww well done now just thought i would post incase anyone has the same problem..

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back