BMW Vid

the first vid was impressive just wished he would have pushed the car a little more he obviously knows his car well and the ring but to not hear tyre squeal once says he didnt push the car as much as he could have

the second vid was good and very impressive 2 but are you sure the whine was the diff it sounds like a supercharger to me (but im no expert)

the first vid was impressive just wished he would have pushed the car a little more he obviously knows his car well and the ring but to not hear tyre squeal once says he didnt push the car as much as he could have

the second vid was good and very impressive 2 but are you sure the whine was the diff it sounds like a supercharger to me (but im no expert)

I was just guessing it was the diff as it said that on the video but i have no idea :S

Just watched that great video. Seriously fast car. That scream is from the gearbox - watch the shift, it's sequential and so the gears are straight cut and the scream gets louder as he goes up through the gears because the gears on the shaft get smaller in size as they go up in ratio.

G'day Petegaerte,

If you are referring to the BMW 320 STW video, the screaming noise is the differential. :)

just watched it twice more - pretty sure it's not the diff as the noise changes with each gearchange - had a fair bit to do with racing diffs and gearboxes and a diff scream doesn't change as the gears are changed because the road speed is the same as the gear is shifted. maybe my old ears are playing tricks on me again.

You think it's the gears, I know it's the diff :) ;).

All just opinion. Just enjoy the vid it's an awesome run. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back