Biggest wheels I can fit in My Corsa

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
My brothers just got a 1990 Corsa SXi and was wondering what the biggest wheels we can fit. I haven't lowered it yet either and just really need some pointers.

17s

Im presumin you mean with out rubbing?

Well on my corsa, i squeezed 17s on it, had it lowered 60mm but it rubs really bad. so unless your lookin at droppin it less then 60m my opinion havin a corsa myself wud b go 4 16s, mayb smaller.

Really it jus depends on how much ur goin to lower it!

60MM?

60mm is pretty low - I don't usually recommend less than 40mm for general use - hydraulics let you have the best of both worlds! What profile tyres you got on your 17's!

:oops: I can never remember my tyre sizes either - shame we cant bring our cars into the office with us?

Cheers for the feedback guys (n gals!) Chez does your speedo show the correct speed - I guess you'd need a sat nav to tell you for sure but I've heard that bigger wheels can make the speedo read wrong.

nope, my speedo is right, got a sat nat to prove it, its like 2mph out, and thats with 17s on so u got nothin to worry about! they giv u 4mph on a speed camera anyway!

Your'e in early today Chez? Trying to get brownie points from the boss?

Your speedo is more accurate than my standard car it under reads by about 10%!!!

no i dont need them, im sick, hopin they will let me go early so i can get back to bed. im not sure if any thing has been done to readjust it, but according to my sat nav its correct. brought the car wit the wheels on it, so i dont no what he guy who had the car befor me did anything??