bhp show newbie

DeanS15

hello all,

i joined after the lyden circuit day, been looking for some pics of the day as i know the guys we bumped into from this site took a bundle! (didn't catch names though, nice guys)

anyway, i used to own a mitsubishi fto manual mivec with a veilside kit, carbon bonnet, pretty much everything i could do to it, i did.
when i ran out of things to do i went and bought myself an s15 silvia spec r turbo, its pretty standard except for a hks filter, tein coilovers with pillowball uppermounts and edfc, hks strut bars and a bailey evo dump valve and enkei bronze 17's. today i upgraded the vacuum hoses to samco as well as the oil breather pipes, and i've got loads of stuff on order already, i've got loads planned so ill pop on here and add some pics as i go along as i was asked:) in the mean time ill have a good explore of the site!

Hi Dean, it was myself (the one with the hat!) and Ben. Welcome to Torquecars and I hope you enjoy the site. I have already posted an s15 tuning article and used some pics from the show - let me know wha tyou think
http://www.torquecars.com/nissan/s15-tuning.php

I have been working on a gallery and I hope that I can finish this by the end of the month. Sorry for the wait. The show was good though - I got some video of the drift car which caught fire! I'll be posting that up on youtube soon on our channel www.youtube.com/torquecars/

I'll get the pics we took of your car posted up here, and please keep us up to date of progress on your car.

Alright mate...welcome to TorqueCars! Nice to have you along! Can't wait to see some pictures! Have you still got the FTO or did you sell it when you got the Silvia?

Alright mate...welcome to TorqueCars! Nice to have you along! Can't wait to see some pictures! Have you still got the FTO or did you sell it when you got the Silvia?

thanks for the welcome people. and in answer to your question prince, nope, no more fto. had to be sold to make way for the silvia. here are a couple of pics of the fto that i put up on pistonheads from just before i sold it http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/417467.htm.

hopefully it wont be long before the silvia is modified to the same extent.:)

Sorry Dean - your post got held in the moderation queue because it contained a link and you have less than 10 posts. My current internet connection is really patchy and when I get on I connect at 28kbps with a peak of 32kbps. I should be fully back in action next week. Thanks for the info on the FTO - I'm sure you'll get the S15 upto and beyond that spec in a short time! The FTO looks fantastic - someone got a good buy there.

Sorry Dean - your post got held in the moderation queue because it contained a link and you have less than 10 posts. My current internet connection is really patchy and when I get on I connect at 28kbps with a peak of 32kbps. I should be fully back in action next week. Thanks for the info on the FTO - I'm sure you'll get the S15 upto and beyond that spec in a short time! The FTO looks fantastic - someone got a good buy there.

no problem waynne, and so far i have had money burning a hole in my pocket since i got the s15, to begin with im just doing some cosmetic work and upgrading some pipework in the engine bay, then its on to performance enhancers!

this car will be a lot more focused towards performance than the last, as that went very well, but had a lot of time and effort (not to mention money:)) spent on looks, and i had truly run out of things to do to the engine aside from doing a conversion....

Hi Dean. The FTO looks fantastic. I'm very interested to see what you do with the Silvia. Are you aiming at a certain power level or do you just want to see how high you can go?

i'm going to go for around the 330bhp mark, then safely run it for a while or until the standard turbo gives up. once that happens it'll be a turbo upgrade and remap, plus a couple more supporting Modifications and hopefully 350+ (safely), but thats when i'll have to get a fiesta or something to use for work as the silvia will no longer be viable.:bigsmile:

i've already ordered a hks silent hi power exhaust system and decat, plus i'm ordering the tubular manifold, turbo pipe and downpipe within the next week, so i can fit all at once:D

thanks for the comments on the fto, i loved that car. by the time i sold it it really was perfect......

Hi and welcome to the site mate...
Love the Silvia myself mate acctually looking for a good O/E one at the moment nice choice of Modifications mate!!!;)

Hi and welcome to the site mate...
Love the Silvia myself mate acctually looking for a good O/E one at the moment nice choice of Modifications mate!!!;)

thanks mate, you will find it easy to find a standard one as lots are put back to standard to pass strict esva testing. you will on the other hand find it hard looking for a 100% perfect one and if you find it....be prepared to hand over top, top money!

I think what we all want is a sport button for a 300bhp plus blast and then an economy button for 45mpg motorway cruisin. Perhaps the tuning companies will read this thread and come up with an option (without needing 2 engines! :lol:)

I think what we all want is a sport button for a 300bhp plus blast and then an economy button for 45mpg motorway cruisin. Perhaps the tuning companies will read this thread and come up with an option (without needing 2 engines! :lol:)

there is such a thing, its called the mapecu and a company called eurospec 2000 are the official dealer/installer. mark callister and ben hartley there are experienced engine builders and mappers and this unit has been doing wonders for evo's, gto's, vr4's and the like. he is also able to set up a switchable map, and on a gto twin turbo he installed a tiny toggle switch in the glovebox to toggle between the standard map and the remap. result.........99.7 more bhp at the flick of a switch.

check out http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/ for more info, they are fast becoming a really big outfit, and their service is really good, not many garages like them around.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back