Best Exhaust Peugeot 106 16v Gti ( 2002 )

cvanoppen

Car
Peugeot 106 Gti 16v
Hi guys ,

I just turned 18 and i bought myself a Pug 106 Gti from 2002.

I would like to fit another exhaust , what exhaust is the best for my pug and has the best sound ?

Col.

Hello Pgarner ,

I'm looking for a exhaust with a very deep sound , I'm thinking about a Remus exhaust , but i'd i like to have some more options.

& i would like to have a bit more power any suggestions ?

OMP Groupe N INOX. End of.

No crap overly loud 1.2 Corsa noise, quality raspyness, light as anything and best for power gain.

Discontinued though so if you can't find one go Supersprint ;)

Last edited:
hi and welcome . if your looking for a performance aswell as sound. it doesnt have a very deep tone and its not overly loud but if your willing to spend the money i would say go for a pugsport system. if you want to spend less money then you can do what i did and find the cheapest back box and be done with it . but i hav also been told that you cant bung any back box on due to back pressure if im right in saying this? but mine was a £40 4" haiki back box with a removable silencer . and its quite loud .

i had a peco big bore 4 on my old car and that was loud and alot deeper than my 106 back box

if any of thats helped

ooo also you have gotta tell the insurance and also remember if you change your back box and the car is louder you are outstanding yourself to the police and may be pulled over . being one you have a 106 2. you are 18 and 3. you have a loud exhaust which is all street racer material to a police officer . just hav that in mind though . you may not but its a chance

and ive been told that for an m.o.t. if your car is louder than a standard version of your car it will fail . but im not sure about that 1.

You wouldn't believe the amount of noise you can get away with on the road and to pass an mot I think tvr is a prime example....
I think the best thing for you to do is go custom go to a powerflow dealer and they can advise you on a good system for your car and you can choose how you want it to sound within reason plus it's about the same price as an off the shelf item

Noise is subjective and at the MOT testers (and policemans) own discresion, if either think it is too loud you have problems.

why cant they worry about other things like working lights and brakes. to me how loud a car is makes no difference. i find it stupid. but thats my own opinion

because, and im going to go slightly out of line here, when you live in the town centre like i do and little boys go racing up and down the streets making as much noise as they can in a my cocks bigger than yours contest it does get annoying after a while. hear there have been several that have had asbos enforced on them with several have car removed for breech

how about i come round to wiltshire and vist you during the night a sit outside your house bouncing the revs off the limiter especially if your getting up at 4am and youll soon see what i mean. its great taking part but not when your on the opposite end of it

the problem with having a loud exhaust is the counter effect is that you cant hear any other knocks or whines meaning the car is running could be running like crap and your known the wiser

just my 2p on this

i do agree with you . and yes you do get the people that drive round and round and try to annoy people by revving or driving past every 5 mins. but there are also some people like me who like the loud rumble and to achieve that the car goes louder. but i do know where ur coming from . but then again ive got a question for you . if a ferrari or a corvette drove past continuosly would it be a problem?

i do agree with you . and yes you do get the people that drive round and round and try to annoy people by revving or driving past every 5 mins. but there are also some people like me who like the loud rumble and to achieve that the car goes louder. but i do know where ur coming from . but then again ive got a question for you . if a ferrari or a corvette or your favorite car with a oud exhaust drove past continuosly would it be a problem?

this isnt a dig at you or any one . im just trying to make a comparison

The thing with those cars, is that most of them now have an active exhaust system that stays quiet at low rev's but opens up a bypass valve when you put your foot down. :)

Those boy racers will have a £50 universal back box which probably has no baffles in it and saps all the performance, my mate put one on his saxo 1.1 and immediately took it back off again after a trip down the road, Supersprint make good exhausts but ultimately if you want the right look and sound then you need custom like powerflow or longlife, usually costs the same an an "off the shelf" unless you want them to do something particularly outlandish

cool pgarner.

also ive been told that longlife are pretty good. and they are quite cheap. theres a longlife in bristol if u live near there. they are custom exhaust makers. the website is top gear bristol. go there and av a look

long life can be as bad as powerflow
basically speak to the guys and ask simple questions what size bre they recommend and if they are mandrel bent of crush bent etc

As a couple of people have already said go Supersprint.

Love em

I also had a Longlife system on my 306. Was ok but was slightly too loud and killed me ears on long trips.