Best brake mods

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What brake mods have you done and did it make much difference?

Will just newer pads make braking better?

ive never been really happy with the brakes on the bora. 1st up was looking at uprating them to the 312mm discs from 288mm. turns out the 180 boras got the v6 (312mm) discs as standard although most parts shops show them as 288mm ones.
tried different pads - bit better,
full system bleed after the pedal start to feel really soft last year - improved dramatically as dont think it had ever been done before.

but i still wasnt happy so started doing some research after deciding to keep hold of the car
bought these from ebay.com as there were none on .co.uk
DSC00390.jpg

came in at £170 with postage, in good nick seals look near enough brand new, pistons could be moved back by hand. and the best bit. they fit behind the 17" wheels without spacers.
currently waiting to get paid so i can order up the brake lines, new discs and pads
paints ordered and theyve were sanded down this morning

cheapest and most effective mod was to install ducting to the rotors , replace and drain / bleed the fluid with dott 5 also cheap . braided hoses increase the feel on the pedal and are still reasonably priced , friction pad upgrade number of working pots and rotor size give the results but cost .