Been busy

carl1968

Tuner
Car
RS6 c5
Been busy for the last few months but there have been a few changes, The daily driver (RS6) is back on the road after a shed load of work, it's still down on power but think one of the EGT sensors is holding it back. it's an intermittant fault so could be anything from the sensor faulty to broken wire in the loom, a long and tedious process no doubt to find the problem.
Sold the 80 cabriolet
Brought an S2
selling the type 85 coupe in the next few weeks to fund the restoration of the S2
Changed work location.....now in South Korea on a 4 week rotation on /off so have a little more time to work on the cars when I'm not working.

Attachments

• 2015-09-19 16.35.31.jpg
    2015-09-19 16.35.31.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the updates, it's good to hear from you again! Glad the RS6 is back in action, they are brilliant cars.

Have you checked the coils? A friend has an RS6 and traced a strange intermittent problem to wiring that ran under the drivers car mat. The wires has partially worn through and when his foot was in a certain place the power would drop and he'd get strange warning lights coming up.

good to be back!, no lights are up on the dash Waynne, VCDS scan shows bank 1 with 2 intermittent faults, EGT and cat efficiency below threshold, sounds like the ECU could be cutting fuel from bank 1 due to a dodgy EGT reading?, I got a friend on the case who's a bit of a guru with Audi V8's, I think once he gets to be bottom of it the Thunderbus will be in good health for the first time since I brought it!. I'm itching to get the S2 sorted but needs a clutch slave cylinder replacing asap and a service as it has no history but then I did get it cheapish. I'm sad to have to sell the Gt coupe but I just don't have enough time to spend on it.

Id like to see a project thread on the S2. Is it a restoration or are you going further with other mods?

The S2 is in need of a few basics before any mods but will be changing the front headlights to the ellipsoid type as the standards are not very good. The front indicators will be swapped to clear as well.
Work that will need doing
replace clutch slave cylinder (supplied)
full service
replace cam belt (supplied)
Fix tailgate lock
fully vallet interior
sort out bonnet release cable and fit new gromit
Refit stereo head unit
sort out alarm and central locking
ABS light is on, needs looking at
pre MoT to get an idea of any advisories and fix what ever it would have failed on
secure radiator and refit ducting
front bumper needs a repair and paint as does the roof in patches so will try to get the worst bits done over the Winter.
Project stuff
Engine out for top to bottom rebuild using APR parts
Turbo swap
Exhaust manifold and full 3" stainless steel system
No doubt other things will creep in as well.
Will post up progress as and when