Beefy GTS or Stock EVO???

REDRaven

Car
2009 Lancer GTS
Hello everyone :D,

I have a decision that I want to make but I don't think I can make it without some help:

I have been fighting with myself over whether installing a turbo in my FWD Lancer GTS ( Plus having to install other things like a better exhaust system, ram-air/cold-air intake, etc.) would be better than trying to save up the money I would use for those installations and trade in my Lancer for an EVO that comes with a turbo, AWD, and other goodies stock.

EVO without a doubt.
think about it you try and get anywhere near the evos power in the FWD lancer your going to have traction issues and more handling issues, you could spend a fortune trying to sort it out whereas you could buy the evo and do some very light mods to it to get silly power

I'd agree with PG as well on this one. They are very different cars and to upgrade yours to anywhere near the same power levels as an Evo will cost a fortune.

You could compromise and perhaps just add a supercharger to yours. If you are happy with a power figure of 200-250bhp then stick with what you have and tune it up a bit. It is more satisfying to mod a car than to buy one ready made.

There is a third option which I would favour, get a real Evo X and then mod the body to look like a standard GTS, maybe I'd even stick on a Diesel badge for a laugh.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back