Torque Cars

Back on the road

Discussion in 'FTO forums' started by phil91, 19 December 2010.

1. phil91

phil91 Newbie

stockport
    Car:
    fto gr
    After two years of sitting on my drive doing nothing,I have now got the fto back on the road and unbelievably this is all it took.

New battery
    Oil change and new filter
    4 new tyre valves
    new rear fog light

The car went through the MOT with no problems and with no advisories the only comment being where has that been for the last three years,I was concerned about about the condition of the the brakes prior to the MOT but once the discs had cleaned up they work fine.
    I have ordered some Goodrich brake hoses and red stuff brake pads following advice from this forum but they are stuck in transit at the moment.
    I got the car insured via Adrian Flux fully comp for £470 this covers myself and my son to drive who is 25, with a 5000 mile per anum limit which I thought was quite reasonable.
    Having driven the car for the last few days I am really glad that I didnt sell it, these cars are wonderfull to drive, they feel alive in your hands compared to modern cars I even like the touch of torque steer when you open her up.
    We have booked a track day at Oulton Park at the end of Jan to put us and the car through our paces will let you know how we get on.

Merry Christmas

Phil

ps no excuses you can eat those sprouts, its only once a year.

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Great stuff mate glad it sailed through.
    Remember some piccies on your track day.

3. geraint13

geraint13 Pro Tuner

Caerphilly, Wales
    Car:
    Zafira 1.9 SRI
    theres not many cars that woukld start after a cpl of years of standing idle.
    have fun at oulton park mate. ;)

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    good good mate

and ill leave the sprouts lol

5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Wow that's awesome. I bet you now have some spare cash to blow on performance!

Glad to see it's on the road though.

6. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    HARD CORE!

Putting a car like that on the road in the Snowy Winter months!

I'd have waited till March time. Save driving buddy.

:bigsmile:

7. zane

zane Wrench Pro

MALAYSIA
    Car:
    fto GR
    As a fellow GR owner I feel anxious for the FTO....sprouts or no sprouts.

I hope you don't crash her.