auxiliary fan air. box 206gti 180

crocodilesmile

Wrench Pro
Car
206 gti 180
I recently fitted an induction kit to my pug 180, after hours pulling my car to pieces, to cut a long story short I was left with a hose that's connected to a small fan. The other end went back to cylinder head. Anyway after hours of Googling induction kits. I came across 1 diagram showing an induction kit similar to my set up and it shows the hose connected to the bottom of the induction kit near to the foam filter. What does it do exactly and is this going to pump hot air in to my cold air ducting. ? Or do I just ignore it and cap it off.

Sorted it out, wasn't happy with it. Sounded great, but felt I was losing torque low end. So iv put all original airbox back on and fitted a green cotton panel filter. |B much better.(8})

The problem with fitting an induction kit is that 9 times out of 10 the ECU will not like it.
I had a similar thing with my own car once upon a time, it forever brought the engine check light up. Spoke to a tuner at Viezu about it and he instantly knew what the issue was, he altered the map accordingly and no more light ;)

Well after a lot of research, I can honestly say that unless its turbocharged,or supercharged, an induction kit on my car will do diddly squat expect sound nice, lower end torque is comprised, and will only see any gains at higher rpm, + would need to be doing at least 100mph before air is compressed enough to ram it. If u know what I mean. I may be wrong:oops:.