Audi Bose Concert Sound Problems

rusko007

Car
A3 1.8SE
Hey Guys.I have a Bose Concert set up on a 2001 A3 3 door and the front right speaker often distorts(but sometimes doesn't!!) and the mid rear doesn't work at all and the sub makes no sound at all.Despite this the sound is still reasonable but can't help but feel how good it would be if all was remedied.Any ideas as it's a bit irritating to say the least.Any help much appreciated.

The sub is a major component of the Bose setup. Ask round breakers yards to see if they have a set of suitable speakers, it's the cheapest way of fixing them. You really are missing out on some amazing sounds.

Thanks for that bud. A pal of mine had an S3 and he tells me the sound was superb.I'm no expert about car audio but even getting near the speakers / sub seems almost impossible.

Just take the speakers covers off, pry with a thin tool or flat head screwdriver, undo the 4 or 5 screws around the speaker and pull the speaker off. All you will find is 2 cables, thats it, not much of a rocket since ;)
try to test the speakers and sub first as they are cheaper than amplifier. get any quality but similar values speaker, connect both cable (usual one is smaller than the 2nd one), switch the audio and see if is working, if non of them will play then you may have to look for amplifier unfortunately, but by saying that, it could be also a audio player/cd player/radio (not cd changer) if there are separate power outputs for individual speakers and there should be. If they are burned on the motherboard inside the cd player than this can be fixed as well for not as much as you think if you find a good decent and honest guy with soldering and electronic skills.
Hope you will get it sorted as Audis Boss systems are really good.
And some speakers can sometimes makes funny noises and this can even because of poor quality lets say mp3's or even as simple as loose one of the cables on the back, but it could be speaker it self as well :(

Bear in mind that the fault could be in the AMP inside the head unit rather than the speakers. Test the speakers by hot wiring in a spare speaker and seeing if there is any sound coming through on that channel.

Ebay is full of OEM Audi head units, just make sure you get the radio code. You'll probably also find some speakers as well on there.

check the speakers first, just swap them over as per waynee advise. if they are good same as cabling then unfortunately it will be either amp or burned power outputs in your audio device whatever you've got there