Torque Cars

Audi A8 4.2 petrol

Discussion in 'A8/S8' started by reverard, 15 November 2008.

1. reverard

reverard New member

Car:
    Audi A8
    Hi

I have an Audi A8 4.2 V8 Petrol and wondered what I might do to improve performance. Most of my driving is motorway miles and I plan to convert to LPG which I know will impact performance. However I have the option to leave i running on petrol when I need a little more oomph.

Are ther simple modifications I can make as well as more drastic ones. I already have sports air suspension.....can I lower it further and still use it. Also interested in uprating the brakes if I do any work

thanks

Richard

2. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    How much lower have you gone already? I think you can fit Porsche Boxter brakes on the Audis. either that or a brembo big brake coversion kit.

If you get the head flowed, ported and fast road cams you should see more power and might even get more economy at cruising speeds.

3. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    im certain LPG has effectively a higher octane rating than petrol.
    what xaviers has said plus the more usual intake and exhaust along with fuel pressure regulator

porsche brakes should fit but may need custom carriers made.

4. reverard

reverard New member

Car:
    Audi A8
    thanks for the response
    Is there a good company to carry out the work. I want to make sure it gets done right
    any indication of costs?
    thanks

5. reverard

reverard New member

Car:
    Audi A8
    sorry didn't respond to how low my cr was already....standard settings.....it has air suspension with dynamic being the lowest...however I have the sports pack which lowers it further

6. reverard

reverard New member

Car:
    Audi A8
    is there a good place to buy the intake kit...assume I ca fit myself
    what's a fuel pressure regulator and how does it help?

7. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Ok places to recommend would be JBS or awesome GTI might be the best ones to speak with.

Intake kits - have a look in the air box(s). if its all ribbed on the inside, take a dremmel or chisel to it and smooth it out. fit panel filters and fit a flexi pipe to tae cold air to the intakes.
    this will give you a small gain without all the noise that goes along with the induction kits

fuel pressure reg (FSE boost valve, power boost valve, goes by a couple of names) sides on he fuel rail and hold the line with a set pressure of fuel, if the pump supplies too much the excess is returned to the tank via another line.
    by increasing the pressure you are allowing slightly more through in the time. it doesnt really give you a power gain but sharpens the throttle response

8. reverard

reverard New member

Car:
    Audi A8
    that's great
    thank you

9. freemehauke

freemehauke Full member

Malta
    Car:
    Audi A4 1.8 petrol
    Thats a beast must consume loads.