Audi A3 1.8T - shocks and springs etc question

ponyboy

Car
Audi A3 1.8T 2000
Good day!

I've just got myself an A3 1.8T, 2000, 127k on the clock, FSH and want to doa few bits and bobs to it.

I plan on getting a remap at some point, a pipercross and a SS exhaust, all to get that BHP up, I reckon that will be enough for me interms of tuning.

I am itching to do something to the look though, I think I'll probably get some 18s and some big brakes (for performance and cos a nice big 4 pot caliper looks great through spokes)

First thing I'm going to do though is improve the handling with some new shocks and springs. Any advice on makes etc?

I don't really want a hard ride, so coilovers are probably out, would S3 shocks go straight on and are S3 springs lower than A3 1.8ts? or should I look for completely after market?

I have come from owning a Mitsi FTO and knew the best places to source the best gear at good prices but there seems to be a lot more Audi stuff about and I am not sure where to go, tbh or which makes either.

any help appreciated.

I'd also like a few pointers on body mods, subtle kits, bumpert changes, that kind of thing, if poss.

the S3 use different hubs but the front springs are most likey the same, the rears will depend on whether yours are is the quattro of FWD as they have different rears setups.

theres a few options available, if your wanting to remain some comfort some 35 or 50mm springs and B7 shocks are supposed to be a good mix

for brakes have a look in my thread - click bora in my sig - and youll see how easy the porsche 996 brakes 4 pots go on, basically its the same car as the a3.
the other option basic option for you would be the carriers from the s3 and use the 312mm disc

I just stuck a set of Eibach Pro-kit Springs on my standard shocks.... Its a little lower and looks smart but rides just the same as on stock springs. When you put proper wheels on it you'll have virtually limitless grip!