Audi 80 Colour Edition

Audi801995

Car
Audi 80 2.0
Hello everybody!

I drive an Audi 80 2.0L Colour Edition from 1995. What can i do to the engine to get some more bhp out of it?

Thank you mate.
I tried to write in some Norwegian forums aswell but I didn't get any answers. So I'm hoping to get some answers here :D.
Uuuhm I would like to keep the stock engine if its possible. I'm not lookin for alot of bhp but 90 is a little dull uphill if you know what i mean.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

hi mate i had one of those (mine was a 1.6se its on youtube doing a rolling road) the best and cheapest way about it i found was to remove the cat appox 10% more bhp uprating your injectors inlet and throttle body to one off a 2.3, and letting her breathe easier with a aftermarket filter and free flow exhaust. or just go balls out and do an engine change you wont regret a 2.3 but you will need some custom mounts where as the v6 slots straight in with minimum work. i found that it would be about the same price to get the engine as it would cams.