astra mk4 1.6 16v sport

ericnellis

hi i`m new here today ,i`ve read some interesting stuff.my question if anyone can help is i would like to put a super charger on my astra but i am confused as to the do`s and don`ts.there are electric chargers on ebay from £20 upwards are they good or a waist of money.if i were to put a mechanical one how pricey and difficult would it be:confused:thank`s eric

Last edited:
Hey and welcome eric.
Dont bother with the leccy charger off ebay there is NO way they will be able to spin fast enough to provide enough air ( a turbocharger can spin to 200,000 rpm ) to make a noticeable difference.

glaymore on here has fitted an eaton m45 supercharger off a bmw maxi (supposedly a mini)s onto his fiat. think he had to ditch the aircon, and runs it where that should be
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f47/marea-volumex-2596/

he says he has no problems with it.

However if you do it you would need to run low boost 5-6 psi max unless your going to go about lowering the compression

you could also think about an engine change 2.0 turbo from the gsi. you'd be up to 200 bhp with a standard engine.

Hi Eric and welcome to TorqueCars. The electric superchargers are a waste of time and effort. They only are effective at wide open throttle and you could get better airflow from deflating a baloon!

Glamore is our resident supercharger expert and a supercharger is easier to add than a turbo.