Torque Cars

astra estate 1.6 turbo?

Discussion in 'Astra' started by supafly1, 7 April 2012.

1. supafly1

supafly1 Wrench Pro

South Africa
    Car:
    Astra
    Hi Guys,
    i got an astra estate 1.6 with a c16se motor in it, i want to put a .5 - .7 bar turbo onto it, i'm just a little concerned about the con rod's, i will raise the head to drop the compression but will the standard con rods be okay, and how much should i lift the head.

Thanks a mill

2. b3n

b3n Wrench Pro

broughton
    Car:
    astra estate 1.6
    hi i have an estate aswell. i would like to do a few mods myself would i need to get a vauxhall dealer ship to fit any kind on mechanical hardware into my car? im still rusty on my motor would like to start interior myself first.
    sorry i couldnt be any help with you. just glad you got an estate aswell maybe i can get advice from you. hope all goes well for you. many thanks ben