Astra Buying Advice

Starlet97

Car
Starlet sportif 1.3
Hey guys,

I was thinking of buying an astra for myself but just wanted some advice on which model to get i.e. sxi, sri, design etc. I am really looking for something with good performance but at a reasonable price. Also is petrol better or diesel. So any personal experiences of owning an astra that you have please share, with regards to drive, faults, performance, fuel economy.

I'll probably tune it up after a while so wanted something that is fairly easy to tune, as i know that you cant do much with smaller engines. Any ways let us know what you think, any advice is much appreciated.

i'll let you know something. i used to work for Europcar... loads of astras driven by me :D

DON'T buy nothing smaller then 2.0L if you go for petrol. they are slow as snails.apart from that, quality is fairly good and they do have good cornering abilities. i would go for the diesel version if possible.

what age are you looking at ?
whats your budget ?
whats your insurance like?

personally i wouldnt be going for anything less than the 1.9 diesel or the 2.0 turbo. saying that do they fit the 1.6 turbo in the astra or was that corsa only

Thanks guys for the reply.

Yeah after having a look around I was thinking of getting the 1.9 Sri diesel. Do you guys know how good and reliable these are??

My budget is £4000 for the car. Not that worried about insurance yet. And something that is newer than 2005. So if you lot see any about please let me know. Thanks